Ultrasonography is a diagnostic imaging technique based on the application of high frequency sound wave. It is used to see internal body structures such as tendons, muscles, joints, tissues, vessels and internal organs.
The steps you will take to Prepare for an ultrasound will depend on the area or organ that is being examined like-
- Upper abdomen: (Liver, Gallbladder, Spleen & Pancreas) you should eat fat free meal on the evening before the test and then to avoid eating for 8-12 hours before the test except drinking clear water.
- Lower abdomen: (Kidneys) you may be asked to drink four to six glass of water about 1 ½ or 2 hours before the test to fill your bladder. As well as you have to hold your urination for increasing pressure to your bladder.
- Whole abdomen: You have to avoid eating for 8-12 hours before the test to avoid gas build up in the intestines. You have to hold your urination for 1 ½ to 2 hour before the test.
Timings : Usually 8am onwards.
Prior appointment and copy of the prescription is needed.
We have facilities of
- USG - Guided FNAC an inexpressive, reliable, rapid, safe, and accurate procedure for the diagnosis of retro peritoneal masses. It was more accurate in diagnosing benign rather than malignant lesions.
- USG - Doppler study for varicose vein diagnosis is done by experienced Radiologists.
For further enquiries and appointment please contact with us.