ENDOSCOPY & COLONOSCOPY
Endoscopy procedure for gastro-intestinal tract (GI tract) is performed through a lighted, flexible tube with a camera at the end (endoscope) for image capture as well as collection of small samples of tissues cells (biopsy) for further testing and analysis.Our department provides the following endoscopy procedures:
- 1. Upper endoscopy – The oesophagus, stomach, and small intestines can be viewed by a thin flexible tube inserted through the mouth.
- 2. Colonoscopy - The lining of the large intestine, colon and rectum can be viewed by a flexible tube inserted through the rectum.
Upper Endoscopy: You should not eat or drink anything after midnight on the night before the procedure. This includes gum, mints, tobacco, cigarette. You can usually have clear liquids (water juice, broth) after midnight up to 6 hours before the endoscopy.
Prior to appointment mandatory .
Colonoscopy : Before colonoscopy you will need to clean out (empty) your colon by laxative, your doctor may suggest taking a lenitive ; either pill or liquid form. You shouldn’t eat solid food the day before the procedure. Drinks may be limited to clear liquids. 2-4 hours before the exam. In case of child ENEMA is given few hours before the exam.
Prior appointment mandatory.
Endoscopy & Colonoscopy
- Blood tests are sometimes required.
- Medications can be given by vein if needed.
- Please arrange for a ride home. You may feel drowsy after the procedure due to medications.
- Upper endoscopy: No food or drink is allowed for six hours before the procedure. An empty stomach allows for the best view and safest exam.
- Colonoscopy: Drink only clear liquids for at least 24 hours before the procedure. A laxative or special cleansing solution will be ordered by the physician to clear the bowel of stool so that the rectum/intestines can be seen. (See below for specific instructions)
For further enquiries and appointment please contact with us.